Monday, October 09, 2006

The Purpose of This Blog

This is my second blog, the last one falling into disuse due to lazieness. I decided to start a new one though, and figure that i should actually make it a bit more thematic than the last. And what better theme than Football, the World Game, to talk about.

So here I am. Nothing but a football fan. But wanting to vent my thoughts and feelings on the great sport. And finally, i can be an Australian using the word football without fear of recrimination. It's a really nice feeling.

I took the title of the blog from the words of the late great Johnny Warren, Australian football's patron saint. Johnny inspired me to start this blog when i recently read his book. I realised that whilst being a fan of football is one thing, being part of the mission is quite another. And the mission, for Australia to realise the beauty and importance of the world game, is a vital one. So this blog is my little part in the mission. Talking about the game, the players, the clubs, the politics, all not from an expert opinion, but a fans feelings. I hope it serves to play some role in this.

For more info on Johnny read his fantastic book "Sheilas, Wogs and Poofters" available through SBS books. or watch "Johnny Warren's Football Mission," available through bittorrent.

No comments: